Thoughts on People and Technologies that Extend Them

Monday, October 26, 2009

Why I Have Not Been Posting Here

When I put this blog up, I had many topics lined up. However, a number of reasons have been stopping me from posting. The first is my ownership of the information I am to post. I am not very familiar with copyrights and other legal factors that are involved in writing. Some of the topics that I have lined up were intended for my competitive advantage when I am already making money out of what I love to do and to be properly cited. I was not willing to just give away some of my potentially expensive ideas. However, it contradicts my open principles. My deeper goal is to make this world a little better by contributing to the repository of human knowledge.

The second issue is related to quality. I do not want to spread unreliable information. Also, I am not familiar with warranties. As much as possible, I would fix the problems caused by the misinformation that I could spread, but I may not have the power to do so every single time. I will just add disclaimers.

I am not very much into writing. The third issue is my lack of confidence in my proficiency in writing scholarly blog entries. I have been tweeting because it does not require a perfect writing style. What made me more confident in publishing weblog entries are some of the dugg entries (on digg.com and similar sources of social news), that are not perfectly written. I realized that content matters more. In this world of amateur media, netizens buy good ideas as long as they understand them.

The last issue that I am to mention is procrastination. I have been telling myself that I am too busy to bother writing. The ironic thing is that I manage to do unimportant things that have no urgency. Yes, though I am currently taking a (hopefully) brief vacation between graduating and having a job, I have more than enough responsibilities to keep me busy. That is no excuse, though. Everyone, including great bloggers out there, are busy with a lot of things.

Now, I'm off to writing my next blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Manila, Philippines
UX Visionary and Open Source Advocate